Suggestions, Comments and Complaints
Sett Valley Medical Practice welcomes all forms of feedback positive or negative so we can be proactive in improving our services. Good feedback is equally welcomed and will be shared with the individual and practice as a whole. Share your experience with us!
Please contact us to share your views, praise, concerns and ideas.
We aim to give the best possible standard of service, clinical and administrative, at all times. However, there may be times when you feel this has not been achieved.
We operate a practice complaints procedure. We will try to address all your concerns promptly and provide you with an explanation and discuss any action that may be needed to improve the service we provide.
As an NHS practice, we are required to:
- Acknowledge receipt of a complaint and offer to discuss the matter within three working days.
- Deal efficiently with complaints and investigate them properly and appropriately.
- Write to you, after investigating your complaint, to explain how it has been resolved, what action has been taken and reminding you of your right to take the matter to the Health Services Ombudsman if you are still unhappy.
- Assist you in following the complaints procedure, or provide advice on where you may obtain such assistance.
- Ensure there is a designated manager for complaints (at Sett Valley Medical Centre it is the Practice Manager).
- Have someone senior who is responsible for both the complaints policy and learning from complaints.
- Produce an annual report about complaints that have been received, the issues they raised, and any matters where action has been taken to improve services as a result of those complaints.